Maria L. - March 29, 2019
How To Buy a Trampoline That is Safe For Your Family
rampolines are a great way for kids to have fun, exercise, and develop coordination, but unfortunately, if they aren't the right trampolines for your children's age then it can put your children at risk of injury.
Most injuries occur when children fall off the trampoline or if two children are jumping at the same time on the one trampoline.
Searching for the best trampoline? Keep reading!
How To Choose A Safe Trampoline
- The metal frame around the trampoline and the springs should be padded to avoid injuries. The great news is, all of our trampolines meet Australian trampoline safety standards. Shop our range here.
- An enclosure that has net that isn't opened helps prevent falls from the trampoline and we strongly recommend you only use trampolines that have one Again all of our Above Ground Trampolines have Shop our range here.
- Instructions need to be clear, comprehensive and complete with good text and pictures. They should explain how to set up the trampoline, look after and maintain it and use it safely. Again, we only sell Trampolines which have excellent and clear instructions to ensure that your kids jump safely! Shop our range here.
You need to have the right amount of space for a trampoline. It should be placed in an area that is free of hazards such as fences, trees and furniture. You need two metres around the trampoline on all sides.
Using Trampoline Safely
- Watch kids while they are on the trampoline
- Ensure the above ground (traditional trampoline) always has a safety enclosure net.
- Try to get the kids to only jump one at a time.
- Encourage the kids to not bounce into the netting on purpose.
- Large trampolines are not recommended for kids under six. We recommend junior trampolines for a smaller safer bounce. Shop our range here
- Clear rules such as bare feet only and only one jumper at a time.
- If you have a trampoline that is older, consider getting it refitted with a new frame and new padding and new netting so that it is compliant with the current standard. Or replace the old trampoline completely, and again, you can shop our range here ;)