With technology becoming a bigger part of our lives every day, our kids are sitting behind screens more and more.
As a parent, I worry about the effects these screens will have on my own children. Not only right now but also the long term effects too.
I have compiled some interesting information that may help you get your kids outside more.
We are always told to slip slop slap, and while yes this is important, the sun still provides some very valuable nutrients for all of us!
- According to the New York Times in 2006 studies had found that 10-15 minutes of sunlight a day improved the health of your heart.
- 10-15 minutes of sun before 10am can improve mental health, so kids who suffer from depression or anxiety or nervousness this can be very beneficial.
In summer we generally get out more, so we are more likely to get plenty of fresh air, but as the air cools down we are inside more.
Fresh air is so good for us and let me explain why.
- Fresh air has been known to help digest food more effectively.
- Improve heart rate, and improve the lungs breathing capacity.
- The immune system can be strengthened by fresh air which in winter is crucial.
Exercise helps with so many things, improved sleep, physical ability, stamina, health, maintain a healthy weight and much more.
- Exercise helps kids sleep better at night, as it uses stored energy. Along with fresh air and sunlight.
- The more kids play outside the more their coordination will also improve, especially if they are running or playing with balls etc.
- Playing outside will help keep your kids weight at a healthy rate. Also reducing how much they are sitting inside. Win! Win!
The best outside toys for kids
Wooden Cubby Houses
Cubby houses are well known to get the kids outside, they offer the kids to play and imagine.
Backyard playgrounds are an excellent way to get the kids outdoor playing, swinging and sliding.
Trampolines are one of the most popular ways kids love to play outside because it is a lot of fun to be bouncing!
Swings are the perfect way for kids to get their sun and also some exercise.
Sandpits are a great way to get sun, but also so good for kids to calm down. It is also beneficial for sensory play. Kids who play in sand sleep better at night.
Feb 27, 2020
Jan 21, 2020
Jan 16, 2020
Dec 17, 2019
Dec 12, 2019
Oct 29, 2019
Jul 18, 2019